GK Questions with answers on Geography: Wildlife, Forest & Vegetation Set I, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that is made as per latest examination pattern of UPSC (IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, CDS, and NDA), State-PSC, SSC, Railways and other competitive examinations.
1. Which is the smallest national forest of New York that is located between Seneca and Cayuga lakes?
A. Finger Lakes National Forest
B. Gugamal National Park
C. Dilijan National Park
D. Egmont National Park
2. In which park/sanctuary is Mbeli Bai located where only gorillas reside?
A. Nxai Pan National Park
B. Nouabalé-Ndoki National Park
C. Arjatkhelni Hazel Sanctuary
D. Te Urewera National Park
3. Which protected area in the Philippines was declared as wildlife sanctuary by the former President Fidel V. Ramos?
A. Whanganui National Park
B. Agusan Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary
C. Gambela National Park
D. Bicauri National Park
4. Name the sanctuary where injured seal pups are found. This sanctuary is maintained by Merlin Entertain?
A. Cornish Seal Sanctuary
B. Chrea National Park
C. Virunga National Park
D. Aouk National Park
5. When was the Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary established?
6. What type of forest is Nouabale-Ndoki National Park; located in the Republic of the Congo?
A. Coniferous forest
B. Tropical Rainforest
C. Deciduous forest
D. None of the above
7. Which place was declared a wildlife sanctuary by the Sindh Government of Pakistan in 1980?
A. Bandipur National Park
B. Blackbuck National Park, Velavadar
C. Chandoli National Park
D. Rann of Kutch Wildlife Sanctuary
8. What type of forests are Scandinavian and Russian taigas?
A. Coniferous forest
B. Deciduous forest
C. Tropical Rainforest
D. Boreal Forest
9. Taiga is the world's largest land biome and makes up 29% of the world's forest cover. Which two countries cover the largest area of this forest?
A. Russia & China
B. Russia & Canada
C. Russia & USA
D. USA & Canada
10. Out of the following; which national park is not on the list of UNSECO world heritage sites?
B. Great Himalayan
C. Dachigam National Park