How students can improve their overall skills?
Student life is very crucial and demanding as well as the foundation of the future career is being laid during this time. Teachers and parents too should help kids to perform and achieve the best results. But sometimes it does happen that even after doing a lot of hard work few students are not able to achieve the desired results. This can have a negative impact on the morale of the students. Hence, it is very important that students keep their calm and identify the areas where they need to work on.
Image source: Google Images
Students’ skills include reading; writing, computer knowledge; academics as well as interpersonal skills, communication skills, approach and decision making. These skills help students perform better in their school and progress to next class. However, there are various reasons which affect students’ performance and results at school. Read here how you should be managing problems and improve your overall skills and academics.
Anxiety and negative thoughts:
- Find reasons for such thoughts and write down everything on a notepad
- Figure out reason for each negative point and seek a solution for it
- If required talk to your teachers and elders, sometimes just discussing it can solve the problems
- Practice yoga and meditation for better concentration and eliminate negative vibes
- Awareness of problems can help students finding better solutions and driving away uneasiness
Identifying weak areas:
- Students getting fewer marks in subjects need to identify the problem areas and work on improving in the subject
- Also, students lack interpersonal skills like communication, public speaking, leadership skills, decision making etc. so they must also focus on their soft skills
- Ask for help from classmates, teachers, and parents as and when you require
- Constantly working on weak points with determination will help you improve
Lack of concentration:
- Focus is the main reason for your learning success and failure too
- Lack of concentration can be due to many reasons including sleeping pattern, attention disorder, spending too much time with gadgets, less physical activities and food habits too
- Students should look for such reasons if they are facing concentration problems while studying and they must try to improve in these areas
- Their eating habits should be healthy, sleeping time should be 7-9 hours and should exercise regularly by playing outdoor games
- Avoid excess use of gadgets before sleeping as it strains eyes, should not read after laying down as irritation in eyes is one of the common reason in lack of concentration
- Many students find it difficult to follow the time schedule they make for studying and they keep delaying their studies
- Not following the schedule and postponing studies only lead to ineffective studies
- To avoid this you should plan your studies with short breaks in between for refreshments or recreation so that you can concentrate on your studies properly
- You should revise your school work after taking a 2 hours break when you come home back from school, this will improve your efficiency
Conclusion: As students will start working on these areas they will see successful outcomes and they will have better understanding of the subjects. Also, parents should check if their child is facing Attention Disorder disease by getting their kids' medical tests done. Students facing such diseases are not able to follow their studies properly and they are under stress as they are not aware of their situation. Students should not ignore their weak points as ignoring them will only lead to their inefficiency and stress. Students implementing these methods will eventually see an improvement in their overall skills and performance at school.