How to prepare for a Group Discussion
In an Interview conducted by Jagranjosh.com, Karishma Gaur, English Language Expert (CELTA Certified) provides tips on how to prepare for a Group Discussion
In an Interview conducted by Jagranjosh.com, Karishma Gaur, English Language Expert (CELTA Certified) provides tips on how to prepare for a Group Discussion!
Key points Discussed in the Video:
It is difficult to prepare for the Group Discussion because you are:
Follow these Rules
- Keep yourself abreast with the latest occurrences atleast 5-6 months prior to the GD
- Be a jack of all rather than being master of one
- Gain comprehensive knowledge about the current happenings
- Decide the nature of study you wish to do on daily basis
- Be articulative in communicating your knowledge effectively and efficiently
Avoid these Habits
- Last minute preparation
- Do not assume that only if you would get a call from the desired college you would start preparing for the GD
Inculcate these habits
- Subscribe newspaper and read it regularly to keep yourself updated. Refer to some eminent newspaper(s) such as: The Economic Times, Huffington Post, The Hindu etc
- Register yourself on informative and famous blogs to read genuine article and content.
- If time is not a constraint, then read books to enhance your vocabulary and it would refine your choice of words
- Be regular reader of Magazines such as: The Outlook, Readers Digest
- Register yourself on Social Media; you will receive updated news and content happening across globe. Like some relevant pages to get the appropriate feeds to enrich your knowledge.
- Constantly follow these pages or else your information about the updates would become redundant
- Put your Smartphone to good use. Install some apps that would enrich your GK on regular basis. It is another form of Edutainment
Takeaway: The Source of study referred by you to study for the Group Discussion would shape your learning. So choose it wisely and emerge as a winner.