How to prepare for MAT September 2013
Upcoming Management Aptitude Test (MAT) will be held in September 2013. Find here tips and strategies to score well in all the main sections of MAT examination. Read for more details.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an entrance exam conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) for admission to MBA and allied programs in various Business Schools (B-Schools) across the country. The test, facilitates over 600 B-Schools across the county to screen candidates for admission to various courses. Any B-School - national or international - can consider MAT Score as an admission input.
The MAT test is conducted to assess candidates’ knowledge in five different test areas primarily Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment. The test is an objective type test with multiple-choice answers.
Usually the test is conducted 4 times in a year – usually in the months of February, May, September and December. The September test for this year is schedule to be held on 1 September 2013. Here are some tips for the candidates preparing for MAT September 2013:
• Prepare a time table and allot time to each subject / topic so that you can master all.
• To master Mathematical Skills, clear you basic Mathematical Concepts and the best way to do that is to solve Class 10th and 12th Maths problems or use some specific study material. Also try to remember as many formulas as possible. Learn formulas by writing and not mugging up as we tend to remember the written things for long.
• Solve as many problems as possible. This will help you improve your various mathematical tools like tables, square and cube roots, fractions to percentage conversions and other calculation short-cuts and approximation techniques thus, reducing the time taken to solve mathematical problems.
• For Language Comprehension section, work on improving your English language and Vocabulary. One of the best ways to do so is by reading newspapers and magazines. Also hear same news of various English news channels and try to analyze how a situation can be described in different ways and what all words are used to narrate / explain / describe same thing. This will also keep you updated with the latest happenings thus improving your General Awareness / Intelligence.
• Solve lots of puzzles / quizzes to improve your reasoning and analytical skills. Also, follow some books on GRE.
• Work on your speed and accuracy. For this solve as many model test papers and take as many mock tests as possible and observe the time taken to solve each section. Then work more on those sections, in which you are weak and for which you are taking more time.
• Revise the syllabus at regular intervals to avoid chances of missing any important information.
Besides, candidates can always seek the guidance from their teachers / elders.
Best of Luck to all for MAT September 2013 examination.
Click here to practice with MAT Practice Set
Click here to see MAT September 2013 notification
Click here to know the MAT September 2013 Exam Pattern
Click here to know How to Apply to MAT September 2013
MAT September 2013: Tips to crack Data Analysis and Sufficiency