In IAS Prelims Exam, the current affairs have a significant role and a number of questions can be asked IAS prelims Exam associated with the current events. So, here we have provided such IAS questions which may play a crucial role for an IAS aspirant preparing for IAS Prelims Exam 2018. Go through it.
1. Recently, the 8th edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) is being co-hosted by India and which of the following countries between 28 November and 30 November 2017?
The 8th edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) is being co-hosted by the India and United States in Hyderabad, November 28-30, 2017. For the participation in this Summit 1,500 individuals have been selected and it is the first time the Summit is being held in South Asia. Since 2010, the GES has travelled to Washington D.C., Istanbul, Dubai, Marrakech, Nairobi, Kuala Lumpur, and Silicon Valley.
Key highlight of the GES:
2. Recently, the Logistic Sector has been granted the status of which of the following sectors in India?
Recently, the Logistics Sector has been granted the status of Infrastructure. The need for integrated Logistics sector development has been felt for quite some time in view of the fact that the logistics cost in India is very high compared to developed countries. High logistics cost reduces the competitiveness of Indian goods both in domestic as well as export market. Development of logistics would give a boost to both domestic and external demand thereby encouraging manufacturing and 'job creation'. This will, in turn, be instrumental in improving country's GDP.
The inclusion of “Logistics Sector” in the Harmonized Master List of Infrastructure Sub-sectors was considered in the 14th Institutional Mechanism (IM) Meeting held on 10th November 2017. It was recommended by the Institutional Mechanism and subsequently approved by the Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley. “Logistics Infrastructure” is included by insertion of a new item in the renamed category of ‘Transport and Logistics’, with a footnote stating that "Logistics Infrastructure” means and includes Multi-modal Logistics Park comprising Inland Container Depot (ICD) with a minimum investment of Rs. 50 crore and a minimum area of 10 acres, Cold Chain Facility with a minimum investment of Rs.15 crore and a minimum area of 20,000 sq. ft, and/or Warehousing Facility with an investment of minimum Rs. 25 crore and a minimum area of 1 lakh sq ft.
3. India Signs a Loan Agreement of USD 100 Million for “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” with which of the following organisation?
a. World Economic Forum
b. Asian Development Bank
c. World Bank
d. International Monetary Fund
A Guarantee Agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of USD 98 million and Grant Agreement for USD 2 million for the “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” were signed with the World Bank on 20 November 2017.
The project consists of two components viz. (i) Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks (estimated total project cost of USD 100 million, including USD 75 million in IBRD loan and USD 23 million in CTF Loan) and (ii) Technical Assistance (USD 2 million in CTF Grant).
4. Consider the following statements regarding the objective of “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” for this India has signed a Loan agreement of USD 100 Million with World Bank:
1. One of the objectives of the project is to increase solar generation capacity through the establishment of large-scale parks in the country.
2. The project will help establish large-scale solar parks and support the government’s plan to install 100 Gigawatts (GW) of solar power out of a total renewable-energy target of 175 GW by 2022.
Which of the above statements is true?
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
Under the Guarantee Agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of USD 98 million and Grant Agreement for USD 2 million for the “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” have been signed with World Bank on 20 November 2017.
The objective of the project is to increase solar generation capacity through the establishment of large-scale parks in the country. The project will help establish large-scale solar parks and support the government’s plan to install 100 Gigawatts (GW) of solar power out of a total renewable-energy target of 175 GW by 2022.
5. Which of the following considered as the drought-resistant plants?
d. All of the above
Scientists at the University of Liverpool in the U.K. have come to know that the drought-resistant plants like cacti, agaves and succulents can make use of an enhanced form of photosynthesis process known as crassulacean acid metabolism (CAM).
Unlike other plants, CAM plants are able to take up CO2 during the cooler night, which reduces water loss and store captured CO2 as malic acid inside the cell, allowing its use for photosynthesis without water loss during the next day.
CAM photosynthesis is regulated by the plant’s internal circadian clock, which allows plants to differentiate and pre-empt day and night and adjust their metabolism accordingly.