Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur invites application for admission to PhD Programmes for the Semester commencing from July 2014.
IIT Jodhpur has organized the research activity in two sets, as follows:
- Classical Areas: individual disciplines of engineering, science and humanities and social sciences, and
- Emerging Areas: domains of research centers of the Institute.
- Last Date Of Filling Online Application Form: 4 April 2014 till 5 pm
- Last Date Of Mailing hard copy of Application form and Documents: 6 April 2014, 5 pm
- Announcement of short listed candidates for the admission process: 8 April 2014
- Date of written test and/or Interview: 19-20 April 2014
PhD Programs currently offered by IIT Jodhpur
1. Computer Science and Engineering
2. Electrical Engineering (Including Electrical, Electronics and Communication)
3. Mechanical Engineering
7. Humanities and Social Sciences
1. Biologically-Inspired Systems Science
3. Information and Communication Technologies
4. Systems Science
Detailed information about the research axis of Classical and Emerging areas can be obtained from the Institute website at www.iitj.ac.in.
How to Apply
- Applicants can apply online through the following link: http://www.iitj.ac.in/academics/online/onlinephd/
- Applicants are requested to send online generated summary sheet and final submitted application duly signed along with a copy of GATE, NET, CSIR, UGC or NBHM score card (copy of GATE-ADMIT Card or equivalent, if the result is awaited) and the processing fee of Rs.300 for General and OBC applicants and Rs.150 for SC, ST, and PD applicants in the form of a demand draft drawn from a nationalized bank in favour of "Director, IIT Jodhpur" payable at Jodhpur.
- The above material should reach the address given below latest by 5 pm on 6th April 2014:
- Discipline ________________ (write the name of discipline in which admission is sought)
Convener (Ph.D. Admissions)
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Old Residency Road, Ratanada
Phone: (0291) 2449002, Fax: (0291) 2516823
- Ph.D students shall be offered teaching or research assistantships in return for 8 hours of work per week.
- The assistantship is Rs. 16,000 for students enrolled for Ph.D in sciences and humanities and social sciences discipline for the first two years. It can be raised to Rs. 18,000, respectively, for another two years on the basis of formal review conducted by the supervisors of the Ph.D student.
For eligibility criteria and other detailed information, please click on the below mentioned link: