Indian Air Force is going to conduct Fast Track Selection (FTS) at CHANDIGARH and BHOPAL on 11 August 2013 for short listing of Men and Women candidates for Flying Branch as per the details mentioned below. Training of the finally selected candidates will commence in January 2014. The Indian Air Force was officially established on 8 October 1932 as an auxiliary air force of the British Empire. It is the air arm of the Indian armed forces. Its primary responsibility is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during a conflict.
Details of venue with Dates
- Chandigarh: Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran (Mohali) Punjab-140307 on 11 August 2013 at 0800 Hrs to 1100 Hrs
- Bhopal: Laxmi Narayan College of Technology, Kalchuri Nagar, Raisan Road, P.O. Koula, Bhopal-462 021 on 11 August 2013 at 0800 Hrs to 1100 Hrs
- Candidate’s age should be between 19-23 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1991 to 01 Jan 1995 (Both dates inclusive) as on 1 January 2013.
- Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 25 years i.e. Born between 02 Jan 1989 to 01 Jan 1995 (Both dates inclusive).
Candidates should be Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 60% marks and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE/B.Tech degree from a recognised University with minimum 60 % marks.
- Height and Weight: Minimum height: 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length: Min - 99 cms. Max - 120 cms. Thigh Length: Max – 64 cms. Sitting Height: Min - 81.5 cms. Max - 96 cms
- Vision: (a) Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia. (b) Manifest Myopia - Nil. (c) LASIK Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short Service Commission (Flying Branch) if the following conditions are fulfilled at the time of Air Force medical examination: - (i) LASIK Surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years. (ii) The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master. (iii) At least twelve months should have lapsed post uncomplicate stable LASIK. No history or evidence of any complication. (iv)The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns. (v) Individuals with high refractive errors (>6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded. Candidates must not suffer from colour or night blindness.
- All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.
- Candidates will be selected based on the performance in AFCAT followed by Picture
Perception and Discussion Test.
- Qualified candidates will then undergo a detailed document check to ascertain eligibility and thereafter will be issued call letters for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Varanasi or Gandhinagar.
How to Apply
- On the spot registration will take place between 0800 hours to 1100 hours on 11 August 2013 at the venue.
- No registration will take place after the specified time and candidates who fail to register their names on the day of registration will not be permitted to appear for selection procedure.
- Interested candidates can report at the venue on 11 August 2013 with the following documents:-
- 2 copies of pre-filled FTS Admit Card on A4 size paper as per the format given in advertisement.
- Original certificate and Mark sheet of class 10th & 12th.
- Original certificate and mark sheets of all semesters/years of Graduation.
- Proof of identity such as Passport, Driving Licence, Voter Identity Card, College Identity Card or any other valid photo identity proof.
- 3 recent colour passport size photographs.