Indian Air Force Notified Recruitment as Commissioned officer in Flying, Tech & Ground Duty 2014
Indian Air Force invited applications from male Indian Citizens for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent/Short Service Commission in Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branches.
Indian Air Force invited applications from male Indian Citizens for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent/Short Service Commission in Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branches. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online on or before 3 July 2014. The Indian Air Force was officially established on 8 October 1932 as an auxiliary air force of the British Empire. It is the air arm of the Indian armed forces. Its primary responsibility is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during a conflict.
- Opening date for online Application Forms: 7 June 2014
- Closing date for online Application Forms: 3 July 2014
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Commissioned Officer
- No 198/15F/SSC/M (Short Service Commission)
- No 197/15T/PC/M (Permanent Commission)
- No 197/15T/SSC/M (Short Service Commission)
Ground Duty Branches:
- No 197/15G/PC/M (Permanent Commission)
- No 197/15G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission)
- Flying Branch: Rs.72150/- per month + other allowances
- Technical Branch: Rs.63400/- per month + other allowances
- Ground Duty Branches: Rs.60900/- per month + other allowances
- Flying Branch: Graduation in any discipline or B.E/B.Tech.
- Technical Branch: Four year degree qualification or cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India.
- Ground Duty Branches: Graduation/ P.G degree in any discipline
- Candidate’s age should be between 19-23 years for Flying branch as on 1 July 2015.
- Candidate’s age should be between 18-28 years for Technical Branch as on 1 July 2015.
- Candidate’s age should be between 20-27 years for Ground Duty Branches as on 1 July 2015.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) to be conducted on 31 August 2014 followed by Intelligence Test, Psychological Test, Group Test, Medical Examination and Interview conducted by Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs).
- Candidates applying for Flying Branch must appear for Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) based on their choice of branch/eligibility.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can apply online from Indian Air Force official website at – www.careerairforce.nic.in on or before 3 July 2014.
- No other means/mode of application will be accepted.