Indian Army invited applications for recruitment to the post of Territorial Army Officers. Selected candidates will be able to continue with their primary profession or jobs. That means candidates will both serve the nation as a civilian and as a Territorial Army. Eligible male Indian citizens can apply through prescribed application format on or before 30 June 2014. Indian Army is the land based branch of Indian Armed forces and also the largest one. It is responsible to ensure national security of the country.
• Last date for receipt of application Forms: 30 June 2014
• Date of Written Exam: 10 August 2014
Name of the post: Territorial Army Officer
Candidate age should be between 18 to 42 years as on 30 June 2014.
Educational Qualification: Graduate from any recognised university.
Pay Scale: Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Offices.
• Part I: Short Essay
• Part II: Objective type question on General Awareness includes issues related to political/economical affairs, international situation and sports.
• Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test and interview.
• Successful candidates from Interview will further undergo a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
How to Apply
• Candidates can download the application format from the website: www.indianarmy.gov.in
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with documentary proofs supporting to caste, age, education and all other relevant documents, self addressed stamped envelope of 28x12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps worth Rs.12/-(Rs.25/- for J&K) affixed on envelop and sent to o their respective TA Group Headquarters as per the areas given below on or before 30 June 2014.
• For States—Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Chandigarh: Commander, TA Group Headquarters, Western Command, Building No.750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh-160018.
• For States—Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh: Commander, TA Group Headquarters, Central Command, Lucknow-02.
• For States—West Bengal, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh: Commander, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William,Kolkata-21
• For States—Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Puducherry, Daman Diu, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar, Dadar and Nagar Haveli: Commander, TA Group Headquarters, Southern Command, Pune-1.
• For States—Jammu & Kashmir: Commander, TA Group Headquarters, Northern Command, Udhampur (J&K)–182101.