Indian Cost Guard Notified Recruitment for Assistant Commandant in Various Branches
The Indian Coast Guard rolled out an excellent career opportunity for unmarried Indian male and female candidates, inviting applications for the challenging and inspiring jobs of Assistant Commandant, a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer for the pay scale of Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs 5400, in various branches
The Indian Coast Guard rolled out an excellent career opportunity for unmarried Indian male and female candidates, inviting applications for the challenging and inspiring jobs of Assistant Commandant, a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer for the pay scale of Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs 5400, in various branches. Eligible candidates may apply online before 30 May, 2013 to 13 June, 2013. The Indian Coast Guardis a maritime Para-military Force that operates under the Department of Defence of the Union Ministry of Defence. Its mission is the protection of India's maritime interests and enforcement of maritime law with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India. ICG was formally established on 18 August 1978 as an armed force of the Union by the Coast Guard Act, 1978.
Opening Date of Online Application Form: 30 May 2013
Closing Date for Online Application Form: 13 June 2013
Indian Coast Guard Vacancy Details
Name of the posts: Assistant Commandant
Name of the Branch:
1. General Duty
2. General Duty (Pilot/Navigator or observer)
3. Technical Branch (Mechanical/ Aeronautical/ Electrical)
4. Pilots (Helicopter and fixed wing) for Short Service Appointment
5. General Duty (Women) for Short Service Appointment)
- For post 1 & 5: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate and must have passed 12th Class with aggregate of 60% marks in Physics and Maths.
- For post 2: B.Sc and 12th with Maths & Physics with 60% marks in aggregate.
- For post 3: Engineering Degree with 60% marks in aggregate in the relevant branch.
- For post 4: 12th Class pass with minimum 60% marks and must possess Commercial Pilot License (CPL) approved by DGCA.
- For post 1 & 5: Candidates must be born between 01 July 89 to 30 June 93 (both dates inclusive).
- For post 2 & 4: Age limit is 01July 87 to 30June 95
- For post 3 the age limit is 01 July 84 to 30 June 93.
Note: Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Selection process will start with Short listing of Application followed by preliminary selection, final selection, medical exam, PABT, Validity of selection, and merit list.
How to apply
Application will be accepted only ONLINE through the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in from 30 May 2013 to 13June 2013.