Indian Council of Historical Research inviting applications in precribed form from highly motivated and qualified individuals for taking the eligibility examination for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The examination will be held on 16 February 2014 at New Delhi, Bengaluru and Guwahati. The Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) is an autonomous organization which was established under Societies Registration Act (Act XXI of 1860) in 1972.
• Last Date of Submission of Application: 25 January 2014.
• Date of Examination: 16 February 2014.
Details of Posts
Name of Post: Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
No.of Posts: 80
• Only candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by the UGC in History/Archaeology/Museology are eligible for this fellowship.
• The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically challenged category who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this fellowship.
• Candidates who are admitted to a Ph.D programme can apply for the ICHR Junior Research Fellowship (Junior Fellowship). The grant to the selected candidates would be available only upon their registration for a Ph.D degree.
Successful candidates will get Fellowship of the value of Rs.16,000/- Per Month with a contingency grant of Rs.15,000/- Per Month.
Period of Fellowship
The term of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of 02 Years, extendable by 01 more year in special circumstances if recommended by the Research Projects Committee.
• An application fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees two hundred only) shall be paid in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Deputy Director (Accounts) ICHR, payable at Delhi.
• Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged category are exempted from payment of the fee.
Details of Examination
• The Eligibility Examination will be for a maximum of 100 marks to be answered in 3 hours.
• Questions can be answered in either English or Hindi.
• The syllabus of the eligibility examination is as follows:
(i) Early India.
(ii) Medieval Indian History.
(iii) Modern & Contemporary India.
• The format of the question paper will be as follows:
(i) 30 objective type questions of 30 marks.
(ii) 02 essay type questions of 50 marks.
(iii) 05 questions based on comprehension of 20 marks.
How to Apply
• Online submission of application is a must. Eligible and interested scholars may apply on-line through the ICHR website www.ichr.ac.in and submit the hard copy of the online application (containing an auto generated number) duly signed along with prescribed application fee, self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of check list etc. by post to the Member Secretary, Indian Council of Historical Research, 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi–110001.
Written Test conducted for short- listing of candidates should not be construed as a merit test. The final selection will be made on the basis of combined performance in the Written Examination and Interview.
Candidates who qualify in the eligibility examination shall appear for an Interview at the offices of the ICHR in New Delhi. The interview will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
NHM, Moti Daman Recruitment 2018, Apply for 11 Computer Assistant, DEO and Attendant Posts
NIT Calicut Recruitment 2018, Apply for 7 Library Helper Posts
ICMR-NIV Recruitment 2018 for 13 Project Scientist B, Project Research Associate and Other Posts
Dr. Hedgewar Arogya Sansthan Delhi Recruitment 2018 for 4 Junior Resident Posts