ndian Institute of Astrophysics, Banglore invites applications from young, bright, and highly motivated individuals for filling up the following posts of Project Assistant, Junior Project Assistant and Library Trainee. Posts are on temporary/ contract basis. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 15 April 2014.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 15 April 2014.
Details of Posts
Project Assistant (Design): 1 Post
Junior Project Assistant (Electrical): 1 Post
Library Trainee: 02 Posts
Educational Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum First Class Diploma (3 years) in Mechanical Engineering (DME), from a State Technical Board of Education/recognized institution. Professional training and expertise in 2D Drafting in AUTOCAD, INVENTOR for modeling of 3D solids, sheet metal, piping, cable harness etc. for post 1.
- NCTVT certificate (ITI) course in Electrical Trade (2 years course) from a Govt. recognized Industrial Training Institute for post 2.
- Post-graduate in Library & Information Science (M. Lib. Sc.) with basic degree in Science (preferable). Students who have appeared for final exam and awaiting results may also apply. Basic Knowledge of computer and working knowledge of any library software and open source software. It is also desirable that the individuals are familiar with the preservation and conservation procedure of the library materials for post 3.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Age limit for the candidate should be below 30 years for post 1 & 2.
- Age limit for the candidate should be below 25 years for post 3.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC / ST /OBC candidates and also physically handicapped candidates as notified by the Govt. of India from time to time.
Pay Scale/ Salary
- Consolidated Salary of Rs. 16,000/- for post 1, Rs. 13,000/- for post 2 plus Housre Rent Allowance.
- Salary is of Rs.20,000/- per month (inclusive of all) in the 1st year and Rs.21,000/- per month (inclusive of all) in the 2nd year for post 3.
Tenure of Appointment
- The tenure of appointment will be initially for a period THREE YEARS and may be extendable, subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate/s and requirement of the Institute for post 1 & 2.
- The tenure of the Library training program is for a period ONE year and extendable by another year subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate for the post 3.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with attested photocopies of relevant testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ST/OBC) must reach to the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore – 560 034 on or before 15 April 2014.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.
Detailed Advertisement 1
Detailed Advertisement 2