Indian Navy invited applications for recruitment to the post of Sailors from unmarried male candidates for MR (Musician)-2/2014 Batch. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 10 May 2014. The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the armed forces of India. The President of India serves as the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy. The primary objective of the navy is to secure national maritime borders.
• Last Date for receipt of Application Forms: 10 May 2014
• Last Date for receipt of Application Forms for candidates of North-East, J&K, Andman & Nicobar, Lakshdweep & Minicopy Island: 17 May 2014
Details of the Post
Name of the Post: Sailors for MR (Musician)-2/2014 Batch
• Candidate age must be between 1 October 1993 to 30 September 1997 (Both dates inclusive).
• Age Relaxation in case of Candidate with higher Musical Ability.
• Candidate should possess 10th class from a recognised board.
• Candidate should be proficient in western notation, aural aptitude and basic knowledge in theory of Music.
• Candidate should have actual practical skill on any western classical or wind/percussion Instrument.
• During the initial training period, stipend of Rs.5700/-pm will be given but on successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible with retrospective effect.
• On completion of initial training, candidates will be placed in the Pay Band Rs.5200-20200/-. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/- plus MSP @Rs.2000/- plus DA.
Selection Process will be done on the basis of performance in Musical Screening Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
How to Apply
• Candidates have to apply on A4 size paper which can be downloaded from the website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with one additional recent coloured passport size photograph, attested copy of Matriculation certificate (for verification of Date of Birth), 10th mark sheet, NCC/Sports certificate, Domicile Certificate and 2 self-addressed envelops of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs. 10/- stamp affixed on one envelope should be sent by ordinary post only to the Commanding Officer, (for Director of Music), INS Kunjali, Colaba, Mumbai - 400 005 before 10 May 2014 (17 May 2014 for candidates of North-East, J&K, Andman & Nicobar, Lakshdweep & Minicopy Island).