Jawaharlal Nehru University invited applications for Recruitment to the Post of Senior Laboratory Assistant (Stores), Laboratory Assistant, Technical Assistant, Deputy Librarian, Office Attendant (MTS), Personal Assistant and Security Assistant. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online on or before 19 May 2014. JNU was established in 1969 by an act of parliament. The objective of the founders was to make the university a premier institution of higher learning and to promote research and teaching leading to the increasing engagement of its students and teachers in higher level academic work and national and international policy making.
Last date for online application forms: 19 May 2014
Details of Posts
Name of Posts
1. Senior Laboratory Assistant (Stores): Group-C post -1
2. Laboratory Assistant: Group-C post -1
3. Technical Assistant: Group-C post -1
4. Deputy Librarian: Group-A post -1
5. Office Attendant (MTS): Group-C post -4
6. Personal Assistant: Group-B post -1
7. Security Assistant: Group-C post -2
Total No. of Posts: 11
• Candidate age should be below 35 years.
• Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
• Senior Laboratory Assistant (Stores): 10th or 12th with Science subjects.
• Laboratory Assistant: 12th with Science subjects and 2 years experience or BSc.
• Technical Assistant: Graduate in Science with Knowledge of Computer.
• Deputy Librarian: Master Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale and a consistently good academic record with 5 Years experience as an Assistant University Librarian/College Librarian and Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work and processional commitment, computerization of library.
• Office Attendant (MTS): 10th or ITI.
• Personal Assistant: 12th with proficiency in shorthand with a speed of 120 w.p.m. and 2 years experience as a Stenographer.
• Security Assistant: Matriculation or equivalent with basic knowledge of Computer and typing.
• Candidates has to pay the application fee of Rs.500/- for Group-A post and Rs.300/- for Group-B & C post drawn in the form of Demand Draft in favour of "Finance Officer, JNU" payable at New Delhi (SBI, JNU New Campus Branch, New Delhi-110067, Branch code – 10441).
• SC/ST & PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
• Senior Laboratory Assistant (Stores): Rs. 5200-20200 + GP 2400
• Laboratory Assistant: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP 2000
• Technical Assistant: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP 2000
• Deputy Librarian: Rs. 15600-39100 + GP 8000
• Office Attendant (MTS): Rs. 5200-20200 + GP 1800
• Personal Assistant: Rs. 9300-34800 + GP 4200
• Security Assistant: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP 1900
Candidates will be selected based on skill/written tests.
How to Apply
• Eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.jnu.ac.in. On or before 19 May 2014.
• Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
• Candidates need to send the hard copy of the online application along with the prescribed application fee, one passport size photograph and self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, caste, PWD certificate, etc. to Dy. Registrar (Admn.), Room No. 310 (Recruitment & Data Cell; 011-26738721), Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067 within 30 days of the publication of this advertisement i.e. up to 19 May 2014.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.