Jawaharlal Nehru University invited applications for Recruitment to the Post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 10 February 2014.
JNU was established in 1969 by an act of parliament. The objective of the founders was to make the university a premier institution of higher learning and to promote research and teaching leading to the increasing engagement of its students and teachers in higher level academic work and national and international policy making.
Last date for receipt of application forms: 10 February 2014
Details of Vacancy
Name of the post
- Professor: 17 posts
- Associate professor: 31 posts
- Assistant professor: 4 posts
Total No. of Posts: 52 posts
- Professor: An eminent scholar with a doctoral degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, and actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of ten publications as books and/or research/policy papers and minimum ten years experience in post-graduate teaching, and/or research at a University/National level institution, including experience of guiding research at doctoral level.
- Associate professor: Good academic record with doctoral degree in concerned or allied/relevant discipline, Masters degree with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade of 'B' in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E and minimum of eight years experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University/College or Accredited Research Institution, excluding the period of doctoral research, with some distinction in the areas of scholarship as evidenced by quality of a minimum of five publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Assistant professor: Good academic record with minimum 55% marks or, an equivalent grade of 'B' in the 7 point scale with letter grades O,A,B,C,D,E and F at the Master Degree level, in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University, M.Phil and Ph.D. in the relevant field may be prescribed in appropriate cases, a desirable or essential qualification.
- General& OBC candidates need to pay the fee of Rs.500/- drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with Disabilities (PWD) categories are exempted from payment of fees.
- Professor: Rs. 37400 to 67000 + AGP- Rs. 10,000
- Associate professor: Rs. 37400 to 67000 + AGP- Rs. 9, 000
- Assistant professor: Rs. 15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs. 6,000
Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview.
How to Apply
Candidates have to apply in prescribed format which can be downloaded from the University’s website: www.jnu.ac.in.
The application complete in all respects along with DD, attested copies of all certificates, Mark Sheets, evidence of teaching, research experience and production of M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D./NET certificates, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth, etc. should be sent to the Section Officer, Recruitment Cell, Room No. 131-132, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067.