Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) invited applications for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in various areas of specialization. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format on or before 3 October 2016.
Advertisement No.: RC/01/2016
Last date for receipt of application forms: 3 October 2016
JNU Vacancy Details
- Professor: 5 posts
- Associate Professor: 10 posts
- Assistant Professor: 4 posts
Eligibility Criteria for JNU faculty positions
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
- Professor: PhD qualification in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with minimum of 10 publications books and/or research/policy papers and minimum 10 years teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Associate Professor: PhD in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, Master Degree with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed and minimum 8 years experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry.
- Assistant Professor: Good academic record at Master Degree level with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed and must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
How to Apply for JNU Faculty Positions 2016
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with self-attested copies of all certificates, Mark Sheets, evidence of teaching, research experience and M.A., M.Phil, PhD & NET certificates, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth, etc should be sent to the Section Officer, Room No. 132, Recruitment Cell, Administrative Block, JNU, New Delhi – 110067. Last date of receipt of application is 3 October 2016.