Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) invited applications for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in various Schools/Centres of the University. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online on or before 14 March 2017.
Rolling Advt. No. RC/03/2017
- Last date for receipt of application forms: 14 March 2017
JNU Vacancy Details
- Professor: 34 posts
- Associate Professor: 38 posts
- Assistant Professor: 26 posts
Eligibility Criteria for Faculty Posts
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
- Professor: PhD qualification in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with minimum of 10 publications books and/or research/policy papers and minimum 10 years teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Associate Professor: PhD in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, Master Degree with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed and minimum 8 years experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry.
- Assistant Professor: Good academic record at Master Degree level with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed and must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
How to Apply for Jawaharlal Nehru University Faculty Posts 2017
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through online from the website www.jnu.ac.in. Last date of receipt of application is 14 March 2017.
Application Fee for JNU faculty positions
- Gen & OBC: Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PH and women candidates: Nil