In all the four sessions of the entrance exam, initial ten minutes will be for the candidates to write/shade their particulars such as name, CET number, version code and serial number of the question booklet on the OMR answer sheets. In case if a candidate do not write / shade the correct CET number and version code on the OMR answer sheet, The OMR answer sheet will not be scanned and no rank will be assigned to the candidate. The candidates will have to mark correct options on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet. Among the answers provided against a question, only one answer will be correct. The candidate should mark the correct answer by completely shading only one circle against a question number, using BLUE or BLACK ink ball point pen. Other details of the exam question paper are as follows:
- Candidates aspiring for engineering admissions shall appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Candidates must note that only black or blue ball point pen is allowed to write in the exam.
- Each subject will carry 60 marks. So, overall the KCET 2015 exam will be of 180 marks.
- Each correct answer will fetch you 1 mark each.
- A total of 1 hour 20 minutes will be given to candidates for solving question paper of each subject.
- There is no system of negative marking.
- Candidates need to affix their left thumb impression on the answer sheet for each session of the exam
- The bottom sheet (duplicate) of the OMR Answer sheet will be given to the students while the top sheet shall be submitted to the invigilator.
- For correct answer 1 mark will be awarded. There is no provision of negative marking for a wrong answer.