IAS Prelims is the game of confidence and IAS aspirants should do all the necessary things which can help them to feel confident. The IAS Prelims is all about the confidence and confidence comes from the Preparation. The minimum threshold confidence is required to answer the IAS Prelims Questions and qualify the IAS Prelims Exam.
The IAS Preparation is a long process and it is filtered through different stages of exam. IAS Prelims is the biggest of them. The total numbers of candidates appearing in IAS Prelims exam 2016 will fall be around four lac and the number of passing students will be around 12 thousand. So the real test is to clear the IAS Prelims to prove the worth in the IAS Main Exam.
As the exam approaches the candidates must.
The candidates must enquire and locate accurately the allotted examination center as mentioned in the Civil Services Preliminary Test Admit Card.
The candidates must arrange the conveyance for the D-day because it is important to stay calm and cool in the morning for that day. Calmness will increase the use of potential on the day of examination. Candidates must ensure a good and legible copy of the admit card for the examination hall so that the invigilator can easily fulfill the required formalities without any hurdles. Keep a good pen for the examination. It would be better to buy a new pen a day before and use it so that the candidates feel comfortable in marking the answers.
In Addition to above the IAS aspirant can also follow the following things :
- The candidates should take rest and sleep of around Six to Seven Hours
- The candidate should relax enough so that they can use their brain to its full capacity
- The candidates should keep revising the important things so that a deep insight and clarity could develop
- The candidates should feel confident because the confidence is the key to succeed in IAS Prelims Exam
- The candidates should think about what they studied during their preparation and should revise in the mind
- The candidates should take a blank paper and write down the important which they remember about anything.
- The candidates should try to interlink different concepts so that a multi-disciplinary approach can be developed.
- Do not panic if you cannot solve 5 to 10 questions in the beginning of the paper. Because there are always some questions which no one can answer in the IAS Prelims Question Paper. It is important to don’t panic at any point of time during solving the paper.
- Always try to maintain a time for the set of questions. For example: the candidates should check that whether they have completed 25 questions in first half an hour. Divide the time equally for each question.
- Try the elimination process for answering the question of you don’t know the answer in the first reading of the question. If you know exactly that an option cannot be the answer of the question then it can help you in eliminating that option.
- Try to solve a question in the first attempt itself because if you leave a question and come back to it later then it will take your time twice. So think over all the aspects of the question in the first attempt itself.
- Always mark your answer after each 5 or 10 questions. Do not leave this task for the end of the paper. By marking the answer simultaneously after 5 to 10 questions minimises the possibility of human error of marking wrong answers.
- Always Note the unanswered questioned so that you can keep a track of those questions. At the second round or at the last you can check and answer those questions.
- Check twice whether you have marked all the questions in the answer sheet. This is the most important thing because only answer sheet is the proof of your answers.