The Personal Interview (PI) sessions for admission to IIM, FMS, MDI, XLRI, SPJIMR or other top rated B schools are round the corner. This is a vital point of selection process. Here are some general key tips for the same:-
- Be well prepared and be confident. Go for versatile reading and mock personal interviews.
- Be focused on your answers. Don't get confused or deviated due to the pressure
- Don’t get at all irritated, come what may. Your interviewers have the capability of assessing you with your gestures, postures and the response you come with, to their very first question.
- Instead of taking it as a challenge or fear or a boring question, you should enjoy the generic and specific questions in PI like for say, “Tell us about yourself”.
- Do avoid copying someone. Just be normal and natural.
- Try to take the interview board to your domain of knowledge and skills. When you answer a question, you may use such sentences and words on which the interview board gets curious but you are comfortable with the same.
- Your approach should be loud and clear.
In view of the experts on PI preparation the success will come once you know how to market yourself before the interview board. This is your approach to present yourself in the interview and the way you answer the questions, will secure your seat in your desired B-school and not the questions themselves.