Management Aptitude Test (MAT) September 2012 Paper: Mathematical Skills
AIMA is set to conduct its upcoming Management Aptitude Test in February 2014. Equip yourself for the examination with the help of solved Mathematical Skills section from 2012 MAT Question paper. It consists of 40 questions.
AIMA is all set to conduct its fourth MAT of the year in February 2014. Previous year paper is the best source to know about the real level of questions asked in the entrance exam. Jagranjosh.com has brought the solved Mathematical Skills section from 2012 MAT Question paper. It consists of 40 questions. Practice well to succeed in the exam.
1. In a certain village the average age of 'n' people is 42 years. But after verification it was found that the age of one person had been taken as 20 years less than his actual age. After the correction, the average age increased by 1. The value of 'n' is
2. The average price of 80 computers in an electronic shop is Rs. 30000. If the highest and lowest-priced computers are sold off, then the average price of the remaining 78 computers is Rs. 29500. If the cost of the highest-priced computer is Rs. 80000, then the cost of the lowest-priced computer is
(1) Rs. 19000
(2) Rs. 20000
(3) Rs. 29000
(4) Rs. 18500
3. Out of a sum of Rs. 625, one part was lent at 5% simple interest and the other at 10% simple interest. If the interest on the first part after 2 years is equal to the interest on the second part after 4 years, then the second sum in rupees is
4. A certain sum amounts to Rs. 8988.80 in two years and to Rs. 9528.12 in three years, at a certain rate of compound interest per annum. Find the principal and rate of interest?
(1) Rs. 12000; 5%
(2) Rs. 6000; 8%
(3) Rs. 8000; 6%
(4) Rs.I0000; 8.5%
5. Raghu has lent some money to Sachin at 6% per annum, and some money to Gupta at 8% per annum. At the end of the year he has earned overall interest at 7% per annum. In what ratio has he lent the money to Sachin and Gupta?
(1) 2 : 3
(2) 1 : 1
(3) 5 : 6
(4) 4 : 3