Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has been organising National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy (NA) Examination (commonly known as NDA Exam) twice a year, usually in the months of April and September for which UPSC issues notifications in months of December/January and June respectively.
Candidates declared successful in NDA & NA Exam followed by interview by SSB would get admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA for year wise courses and Indian Naval Academy year wise Course.
Each year approximately 7 lac candidates appear to NDA & NA exam conducted two times in a year and termed as NDA & NA Examination (I) and NDA & NA Examination (II). Data wise, out of almost 3.5 lac candidates appearing for NDA exam each time, only 9000 are called for interview by SSB (Services Selection Board). The candidates willing to join Air Force, would additionally go for a Pilot Aptitude Battery Test. Finally, 300-350 cadets are accepted to the academy each semester. About 66 cadets are accepted for the Air Force, 39 for the Navy and 195 for the Army.
Jagranjosh is providing complete eligibility criteria of NDA & NA Examination for the candidates aspiring to join defence forces, e.g. Indian Army, Navy an Air Force, as below-
Eligibility Conditions for National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy (NA) Exam
Candidates willing to appear NDA & NA Exam must be-
1. For army - 12th pass of 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
2. For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry at Indian Naval Academy - 12th pass of 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
3. Appearing candidates are also eligible to appear the NDA & NA exam.
4. The candidates who qualify NDA & NA Exam with appearing but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview can forward the duly attested photocopies.
5. Candidates appearing in 11th class examination are not eligible for NDA & NA examination.
1. Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
2. A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.