NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Know Number of Attempts, Age and Marks here
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria was released by NTA in November. Check NEET 2019 UG eligibility criteria including age limit, number of attempts and marks required here.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NEET exam that was previously being conducted by the supervision of CBSE. The medical examination will be held once a year in an offline mode (pen-paper-based test) only. This year, the examination is scheduled for May 5, 2019. As per the updates, there will be no change in the syllabus, question formats, language and fees for NEET.
- 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subject in both Classes 11 and 12 from a recognized board
- Minimum Age Requirement: 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
- Maximum Age Limit: 25 years of age or more for unreserved category candidates and 30 years of age for reserved and PwD category candidates.
- Qualifying Marks
- UR: 50%
- OBC/SC/ST: 40%
- PWD - 45% (minimum aggregate marks only for PCB subjects)
- Maximum Attempts: No limit on the permitted number of attempts.
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals
Quota Wise Eligibility
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats for NEET 2019
- 15% of the total seats are segregated as All India Quota (AIQ) seats. To take admission via AIQ, candidates need to take part in Online Counseling for NEET conducted by MCC. After 2 rounds of counseling, if any seats remain vacant under AIQ, they will be converted into State Quota seats.
- Candidates from J&K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats and they will have to submit a self declaration form.
- Reservation under 15% All India Quota
- SC Candidates- 15%
- ST Candidates- 7.5%
- OBC Candidates (Non-Creamy layer)- 27%
- Candidates from creamy layer must mention their category as Unreserved.
- Physically Handicapped Candidates- 3%
Eligibility for State Quota Seats for NEET 2019
The states participating in NEET will fill the remaining 85% of their MBBS/BDS seats through state counseling as per the following norms:
- Aspirants must have completed/appeared in 10th and 12th class exam from the state.
- Candidates should have a valid address proof and domicile of the state
The following persons can apply for admission under the state quota:
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals (confirm with the concerned institute/state)
For Admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune
- Admission will be subject to norms specified by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence and Government of India.
- Those who have applied for NEET and seek admission in AFMC must apply on their official website as well since there will be further screening procedures.
- Contact AFMC for further assistance and details of NEET rules and regulations pertaining to the institution.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Number of Attempts
The cap on the number of attempts was removed for NEET 2018 and is not applicable for NEET 2019 as well. As per the NEET 2019 eligibility criteria, candidates can appear for the entrance exam as many times as they wish provided they fulfill the above-mentioned criteria. Aspirants can appear for NEET 2019 twice in a year for the first time. However, only one attempt is allowed in one session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the minimum qualification for appearing in NEET-UG, 2018 for candidates of Foreign Nationals?
Answer: The minimum qualification for appearing in NEET-UG, 2018 for candidates of Foreign Nationals are same as for Indians.
Question: What is the minimum qualification for appearing in NEET-UG, 2018 for candidates of physically handicapped category?
Answer: In respect of candidates with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH candidates.
Question: What is the minimum qualification for appearing in NEET-UG, 2018 for candidates of reserved category?
Answer: In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks prescribed for General category Candidates.