The counseling for National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is scheduled to be started from 12 July 2013. Meanwhile, all the students who made it in NEST 2013 are advised to keep up with all the documents requisite for the counseling process, just in order to avoid the last minute recklessness.
NEST 2013 Exam was conducted on 25 May 2013 in 37 centers across India, and the result of which was announced on 17 June 2013.
Here enlisted the documents required for the counseling:
• Original mark sheet of Class 10th + 1 photocopy
• Original mark sheet of Class 12th + 1 photocopy
• Proof of date of birth (original birth certificate or school leaving certificate) + 1 photocopy
• Original caste certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
• Original Non-creamy layer OBC certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
• Original disability certificate (for Physically Disabled candidates) + 1 photocopy
• Proof of Indian citizenship if born outside India + 1 photocopy
• 4 passport size color photographs
• Demand Draft of Rs. 10,000.00 (ten thousand) in favor of NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar, or in favors of CBS, payable at Mumbai, depending where the candidates are appearing for counseling.
Candidates please make note that in case a candidate has already submitted the original certificates to another institute for the purpose of admission, she/he must bring along an official letter from that institute referring so.
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is an annual college entrance examination conducted in India for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai. These two institutes utilize NEST as an exclusive criterion for admission to their undergraduate programs. Besides, the Integrated Science Education & Research Centre (ISERC) of Vishva Bharati University has also been using the merit list of NEST for admission to its various undergraduate programs for the last three academic sessions.
Eligibility criteria for appearing NEST
Students securing at least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII or equivalent examination from any recognized Board in India are eligible to apply. There is a marks relaxation for category students such as for Scheduled Cast (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%. Appearing students can also apply for the NEST Exams.
For details about Counseling Instruction, Register for FIRST Counseling, Available Seat Matrix, etc. click on the following link:
SNAP 2018 Exam: Official mock test released for the candidates
BSNL Recruitment 2019 for 300 Management Trainee (Telecom Operators) Posts, Apply before 26 January
Top 5 of the day – 11 December 2018, 4000 Vacancies at Allahabad High Court, GAIL and Others
Top 5 of the Day – 10 December 2018, 6000+ Vacancies at ONGC, NCL and Others