Northern Railway, New Delhi invited applications for recruitment of Sports Personnel in various Disciplines. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 28 July 2014.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 28 July 2014
Name of Post: Sports Personnel in Pay Band - 1 of Rs 5200 - 20200 with Grade Pay Rs 1800
Name of the Discipline:
- Cricket (Men): 3 posts
- Weightlifting: 2 posts
- Volleyball: 2 posts
- Athletics (Men): 2 posts
- Athletics (Women): 1 post
Total No. of Posts: 10 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.5200-20,200/- + Grade Pay Rs.1800
Educational Qualification: Candidate should be minimum 10th passed.
Minimum Sports Achievement
- Represented the Country in Commonwealth Championships (Junior/Senior Category) or Asian Championships/Asia Cup (Junior/Senior Category) or South Asian Federations (SAF) Games (Senior Category) or USIC (World Railway) Championships (Senior Category).
- Obtained at least 3rd Position in Federation Cup Championships (senior category). OR
- Represented a State or equivalent Unit in Senior/Youth/Junior National Championships.
- Obtained at least 3rd Position in Senior State Championship for all Units and District of the State. OR
- Any higher achievement as given in notification.
- Candidate should have 18 years and not above 25 years as on 1 July 2014.
- No Age Relaxation in lower or upper age limits for any category of candidate.
- Unreserved and OBC candidates need to pay application fee of Rs.40/- non refundable including postal charges through crossed postal order or demand draft paid at New Delhi in the name of Sports Officer/HQ, Head Quarter Sports Association, Northern Railway, New Delhi by postal Dak only.
- SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of trial of sports performance and interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply through prescribed application format as given in the notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect along with 2 passport size photograph and attested copies of all required Certificates / Documents should be submitted to the Sports Officer/Headquarter Sports Association, Northern Railway, Baroda House, New Delhi, Room No. 7-G, Annexe-II Building, Baroda House, New Delhi-110001 before 28 July 2014.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of ________” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.