Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is looking for young Geo - scientists, Engineers, MBAs and Gas ICWAs for recruitment as Class-I executives (at E-1 level). The candidates eligible for the posts can apply online before 11 April 2014. The written examination will be held on 22 June 2014. Here, we are mentioning selection procedure for candidates.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of performance in written examination and interview.
- Eligible candidates are required to appear for Written test (Objective Type) comprising three sections-Concerned subject, General Awareness arid an Aptitude test (comprising Reading Comprehension, Verbal/Non-verbal Reasoning. Numerical Ability / Quantitative Aptitude. Data lnterpretation etc) for a total duration of Three hours.
- The section on the concerned subject shall consist of 80 questions, the General Awareness section shall consist of 40 questions and the Aptitude test section shall consist of 30 questions. All questions shall be of one mark each. There shall be no negative marking. The total marks allotted to the written test is 150.
- The syllabus of test paper shall be as per UPSC standard of I.E.S. for Engineering subjects, civil Services for Management disciplines and M.Sc. level for others.
- The candidate would be tested on his knowledge of the subjects in the essential qualification (declared in his online application) e.g. a candidate who has a qualification of B.Tech. (Mechanical) and who may otherwise be eligible for either of the posts of AEE(Drilling). AEE(Cementing), AEE(Production), AEE(Mechanical). Transport Officer arid Materials Management Officer shall be tested in the paper of Mechanical Engineering only.
- The language of the test shall be English However the candidates can opt for a paper in Hindi a.s the language of the test. (1) The written test is tentatively scheduled on 22.06.2014. (The exact date o!the test will be available on ONGC’s website www.ongclndia.com).
- The candidates who quallfy in the written test shall be called for psychometric test and interview as per the criteria decided by the Management.
- In order to qualify in the interview, General and OBc candidates must obtain a minimum of 60% marks and SC/ST & PwD candidates must obtain a minimum of 40% marks (
The final merit list shall be prepared based on the weightages assigned to various parameters as per following:
Written test: 60marks
Interview : 15 marks
Qualification: 25 marks
Total 100 marks