In this article you will get the clue that from where and how the questions are being framed from the chapter Organisms and Populations
The experts of jagranjosh.com have full confidence that you will not miss any of the questions in the board exam as well as in competitive exams from this chapter if you will keep the following terms / question in your mind while studying
- What does ecological nich of an organism represent?
- Carrying capacity of the environment
- What do you mean by ectotherm?
- Ecological principle works behind the biological control method of pest insects
- Sigmoid growth curve and j-shaped growth curve of population
- List two primary requirements of a parasite from the host
- Name the two factors that cause the formation of biomass
- Stenothermal organism
- Name the factors that cause the formation of major biomass
- What are osmoconformers?
- What is meant by Allen's Rule '?
- How are the mountain dwellers adapted to live in oxygen-deficient conditions?
- Why people living in high altitude have more hemoglobin/high RBC count?
- Give the equation representing the exponential growth of a population
- Write the equation for the Verhulst-Poarl Logistic Growth of population.
- What type of interaction is shown by a sparrow eating the seeds?
- What does the word 'phytophagous' mean!
- Why are Calotropis plants not browsed herbivores?
- Name the mechanism employed by Ophrys get its flowers pollinated.
- Define amensalism.
- Differentiate between hibernation and aestivation. Give one example of each.
- Name of the two basic types of competition found amongst organisms. Which one of these is more intense and why?
- Name important defence mechanisms in plants against herbivory.
- Name the four levels of organisation that ecology is basically concerned with.
- How are eurythermal animals different from stenothermal animals?
- Differentiate between euryhaline and steno-haline animals?
- Name the type of curve that characterises most populations growing in favourable environment. Also define carrying capacity.
- How do kangaroo rats live in the absence of water in the North American deserts?
- Mention the symptoms of altitude sickness.
- How do desert lizards maintain a fairIy constant body temperature?
- What is meant by sex ratio? Is it a characteristic of individual or a population?
- Give examples to show that the population size can vary.
- Biomass is a more meaningful measure of population size. Explain with an example.
- Why is logistic growth model considered more realistic? Explain.
- How do predators help in maintaining species diversity in a community? Give an example.
- Name six major terrestrial biomes found in India.
- What are conformers? Why have they not evolved mechanism for temperature regulation or osmoregulation?
- Name the most common morphological defence shown by plants. Give two examples of plants showing this.
- What is Gause's competitive exclusion principle? Give an example.
- How is pollination effected in the Mediterranean Orchid Ophrys?
- Enumerate the defense mechanisms evolved by prey species to lessen the impact of predation, with an example for each.
- What is an age pyramid? What do they show for human population? Represent diagrammatically the different shapes of age pyramids and what does shapes each of them represent?
- Define the following terms and give one example for each.
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to Get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, Practice papers and study material for the last moment And Much More………