The Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) is an India-based bank established in Lahore (then a city of British India, and currently in Pakistan) and is one of the public sector banks in India. Established on 19 February 1943 with Late Rai Bahadur Lala Sohan Lal as the first Chairman of the Bank, it offers features such as internet banking, phone banking NRI banking etc.
It invites applications from eligible and interested Indian Nationals for recruitment to the posts mentioned below for the year 2012
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies for Recruitment in Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Probationary Officer: 325 vacancies
- Agriculture Officer: 100 vacancies
Important Dates for Recruitment in Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Opening date for online registration/ payment of fee: 10 July 2012
- Closing Date for online registration (including from far flung areas)/ payment of fee: 28 July 2012
Eligibility Criteria for Recruitment in Oriental Bank of Commerce
- A valid IBPS Score obtained in Common Written Examination (CWE) for Probationary Officers/Management Trainees conducted by IBPS in 2011 & for Specialist Officers in March 2012
- Candidates should have appeared in CWE from a centre in a State for the vacancies he/ she wishes to apply.
- The basic knowledge in operating computer systems in Windows mode, knowledge of MSWord/ Office, Spread Sheets like MS-Excel and Internet & Email familiarity is required
- Probationary Officer: The candidate must possess a degree from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Government of India.
- Agriculture Officer: A Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture /Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/Dairy Science/Agricultural Engineering/ Fishery Science/ Pissiculture / Agriculture Marketing Co-operation from any recognised University is needed
- Probationary Officer (as on 1 July 2011): Minimum 21 years; Maximum 30 years
- Agriculture Officer (as on 1 December 2011): Minimum 21 years; Maximum 30 years
- Probationary Officer: Rs 14500- 25700
- Agriculture Officer: Rs 14500- 25700
Selection Procedure for Recruitment in Oriental Bank of Commerce
Selection for the post of Probationary/ Agriculture Officers will be based on the Total Weighted Standard Score in the Common Written Examination conducted by IBPS in 2011 & 2012 and marks scored in the Interview.
Depending on the number of vacancies, the Bank reserves the right to call only those candidates who have sufficiently high IBPS score in Common Written Examination for Interview. The candidates will be called in the ratio of 1:3 for General/ Unreserved Candidates and 1:5 in case of candidates belonging to the Reserved Categories.
How to Apply for Recruitment in Oriental Bank of Commerce
The candidates are required to apply online through the official website https://www.obcindia.co.in/. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
Application Fee: Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex- Servicemen category candidates is Rs 20 and fee for other category candidates is Rs 100.
The challan should be filled in BLOCK LETTERS. Application fee has to be paid through Fee Payment Challan at any of Oriental Bank of Commerce branches in cash. The fee needs to be paid in CBS Account No.12371171000065 with Sector 32 Gurgaon Branch in the name & style of "OBC PROBATIONARY/ AGRICULTURE OFFICERS' RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012".
For Fee Payment Challan CLICK HERE
Obtain the applicant's Copy of Counterfoil of the Application Fee Payment Challan duly receipted by the Bank with (a) Branch Name (b) Transaction ID/ Scroll Number (c) Date of Deposit & Amount filled by the Branch Official.
Apply online by re-visiting the Recruitment link appropriate places. Fill in all other required details therein and click on the "SUBMIT" button at the end of the Online Application form. Original counterfoil of the fee payment Challan/ NEFT Receipt will have to be submitted with call letter at the time of interview or otherwise they will be disqualified.
The Application printout along with the fee payment receipt and required copies of documents should be kept ready for submission, if shortlisted for Interview.
For more information, please CLICK HERE
All the aspirants preparing for different competitive exams namely Banking, SSC, PCS, etc can prepare better by practising online test on sections like English Comprehension, Quantititative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness etc here