The Institute for Plasma Research is a premier scientific institute under the Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India devoted to research and development activities in the areas of Basic Plasma Physics, Magnetic Confinement fusion and Industrial applications of plasmas. The institute announced admissions to PhD programme.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Last date for applying online: 19 April 2013
- Last date for sending hardcopy of online application: 26 April 2013
- Tentative date for Interview: 3 June 2013 to 7 June 2013
- MSc in Physics/ Engineering Physics/ Applied Physics with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Students must have Physics and Mathematics at the Under Graduate level.
- Admission seekers appearing in final year degree examination in 2013 are also eligible to apply (by 31 August 2013 can also apply).
Age Limit (as on 1 August 2013): Maximum 26 years
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in either JEST – 2013 (in Physics) or GATE in Physics (Subject code PH) in 2012 / 2013 or CSIR–UGC-NET-JRF in June or December 2012 in Physical Sciences (Subject code PHY) along with their Performance in interview.
Candidates shortlisted for the interview will be paid to-and-fro sleeper class railway fare via the shortest route. The selected candidates will be registered under Homi Bhabha National Institute.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
Rs 100 through DD in favour of INSTITUTE FOR PLASMA RESEARCH, payable at GANDHINAGAR/AHMEDABAD
How to Apply
Aspirants are required to apply online on the Institute’s website. Henceforth they are required to download print out of the application form and send it along with DD marksheets to the following address on or before the last date:
Chairman Academic Committee
Institute for Plasma Research
Near Indira Bridge
Pin: 382 428
Email ID: email@example.com
To seek more details like subject specific eligibility criteria, please visit http://www.ipr.res.in/