Pure Science refers to the science that depends upon deductions from the already demonstrated truths. For example, Mathematics and that is studied regardless of practical implications.
Many people consider reading pure science as wastage of time while many go against this. Depending upon the perception and how they take its applicability. If we favor the topic that reading pure science is wastage of time then we come across following evidences:
1. Nothing new: Pure science accounts for already being discovered facts and figures and there is nothing new to know in it. People working on or for pure science have specifically nothing new or fresh as an idea in their mind so it’s just a matter of killing time for self-interest.
2. Discovering unknowns: The process in pure science for understanding the unknown and it may result in painstaking and troublesome feelings, sometimes witnessing much time and effort coming out with little of a progress.
3. Restricted knowledge: People opting for pure science generally devote most of their time in study and application of the same expressions and figures thereby restricting their knowledge to one particular horizon.
But if we look at its counterpart there are advantages of applied science as well which proves that the study of the same is not wastage of time like the points depicted below:
1) New ideas discovering and perpetuating: Pure science keeps on making new ideas and discoveries perpetuating always. If the new ideas don’t discover then how would we further become competitive and advanced, so it’s not a waste of time rather investment of time.
2) Theory turned practical: In pure science, we turn out the theoretical implications into practical applications like : Applying the mathematical expressions to derive new expression, using laboratories to discover the practical of various theories studied in chemistry, physics etc so it takes and invests time in broadening our thinking and understanding capacities. And hence we can’t consider it as wastage of time at all.
3) Discoveries and innovations established for the betterment of mankind especially in medical sciences: If we take the example of Fermilab, there superconducting magnetic waves were discovered to be useful for creating internal images of the body that gave rise to what we popularly use and know as MRI Technology. Likewise these and many other discoveries have occurred as such that defines and lives the fact that pure science is not a waste of time.
In brief, we may say that science containing of both applied science as well as pure science are of equal importance and utmost essential. They both complement each other for the subtle discoveries that shape up human lives at every walk of life. Moreover, both are essential for maintaining our existence as superpower. Killing of time occurs in such cases where there is nothing achieved after giving a sound input but here with the implications of science be it pure or applied or a joint effort by both something is discovered sooner or later so that is more than important.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.