1. The concept of mixed economy envisages
(a) integrated and balanced economic development
(b) balanced development of agriculture and industry
(c) equal importance to economic and social values
(d) co-existence of public and private sectors
2. The socialistic pattern aimed at by our planning comes through
(a) closed economy
(b) mixed economy
(c) public sector
(d) open economy
3. The emphasis in the Ninth Plan was on
(a) education for all
(b) growth with social justice and equity
(c) removal of rural unemploy¬ment
4. Which of the following sectors was the largest contributor to the GDP during the Ninth Plan?
(c) Mining and quarrying
(d) Financial services
5. Durgapur, Bhilai and Rourkela plants were set up during the ... Plan.
(a) Second (b) Third
(c) Fourth (d) First
6. In which Plan was the growth rate target exceeded?
(a) First (b) Fifth
(c) Sixth (d) In none
7. The National Development Council is mainly concerned with
(a) implementing state plans
(b) approving and assessing major development projects in India
(c) approval of five-year plans
(d) implementing community development programmes
8. In the context of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), which of the following statements are true?
1. It is based on a public private partnership I,PPP; model.
2. The RSBY focuses on informal sector workers.
3. This is the first government social sector scheme to embrace a business model of profit.
4. The target of the government is to enrol 300 million poor people by 2012-13 through this scheme.
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) All the above
9. In the context of tne coverage of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima (RSBY) which the following statements is, are correct?
1. The RSBY is meant only for rural below poverty line households.
2. The coverage extends to five members of the family which includes the head of a household, spouse and upto three dependents.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) None of the above
10. Which of the following is not a reason for the modest level of saving in India?
(a) Low per capita income
(b) Exemption of agricultural income from the tax net
(c) Tax evasion
(d) High expenditure on education and health services
11. The highest sector wise contribution to gross domestic saving comes from
(a) private corporate sector
(b) household sector
12. Net factor income from abroad added to the GDP gives
(d) per capita income
13. Which of the following statements correctly expresses the difference between preference shares and equity shares?
(a) Equity shareholders have no voting right but preference shareholders have voting right
(b) Preference shareholders have no voting right but equity shareholders have voting rights
(c) Preference shareholders have no right to profit whereas equity shareholders have right to profit.
(d) Preference share holders get any exemption from taxes while equity shareholders do not get exemption.
14. Which of the following statements is/are correct in regard to Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)?
1. The RSBY provides the participating BPL households, with the freedom of choice between public and private hospitals and makes him a potential client worth attracting on account of the significant revenue that hospitals stand to earn through the scheme.
2 The beneficiaries just need to pay Z 30 as registration fee and one time premium of 750.
3. The majority of financing (about 90 per cent) is pro¬vided by the Government of India.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 3
(c) Only 1 and 2
(d) All the above
15. Low productivity of agriculture in India is not caused by
(a) inadequate availability of inputs
(b) subdivision of land holdings
(c) less area under cultivation
(d) poor finance facilities
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (a) 5. (a)
6. (c) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (b)
11. (c) 12. (a) 13. (b) 14. (a) 15. (c)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.