IBPS has conducted the RRB Officer Scale I Mains examination in December 2016 successfully. This is a job most of you must be dreaming for because of less stress and chances of home posting. In this article, let’s have a quick look at the job profile of Scale I officers in RRBs across the country.
Scale I Officers in RRBs: Job Profile in Detail
IBPS RRB is the second officer level examination being conducted by the IBPS this year after IBPS PO Prelims which are already underway and is going to finish soon. This time, you have both prelims and mains examination in RRB recruitment as introduced by the IBPS, akin to the pattern of all officer level examinations being conducted these days in case of any bank officer level examinations. But, what do you have to do once you are selected as an Officer Scale I in RRB? Let us find out:
• Managing day to day operations: This role is akin to the role of any assistant manager in any scheduled commercial bank. As an officer in Scale I cadre in any RRB, you have to manage day to day operations of the branch where you are posted. You have to look after receipts, payments, cash verification, cheques passing etc in the branch every day.
• Disbursing loans: This is the second thing that you need to do as an officer but the major difference as compared to scheduled commercial bank is that the focus will be mostly on agricultural and rural economy of the country. You need to give more agri loans and also loans to allied sectors.
• Monitoring the credit portfolio: you have to be cautious in this role since most of the agriculture loans and loans to allied sectors turn into NPA very soon if you do not monitor them properly. You have to go to the borrower on a daily basis if repayment is not regular and understand the situation of the borrower before taking a decision on your due course of action.
• Restructuring loans and NPA recovery: This is the most important job in your profile. RRBs were conceptualized as part of the process of developing the rural sector of the country. You have to restructure the agri loans as and when instructed by the superiors in the bank and keep track of the subsidies in this portfolio since you have to tally all the amounts that come in these accounts from time to time. Restructuring all these loans will be your headache once the government announces it.
• Audit reports preparation: You have to assist the branch manager of your branch in this job. There are many instances of fraud in these banks and once these irregularities are found out in the audit, you may have to face action for failure to carry out your duty.
• Arranging loan melas in the areas of your posting: As an officer in the RRB, you are responsible for taking part in the financial inclusion drive in your area. You have to inform the population about various schemes in your bank and disburse loans as well to as many farmers as possible to help develop the rural economy.
• Preparing reports for your higher authorities: Your branch manager will be asked to submit reports from time to time regarding various issues such as the number of agri loan accounts you have, the number of accounts that have been restructured, the number of MUDRA loans disbursed etc. You will be asked to prepare these reports since you will be working closely with the other staff members and not the branch manager himself. You have to prepare the reports as asked and submit it to your regional office within the deadline.
IBPS RRB job is not as good as scheduled commercial banks when it comes to career growth and the promotions you get in your total career. But at the same time, it is also true that if you are interested in going for other competitive examinations and you need time to study for that, this is the perfect job for you. At the same time, you will certainly get home posting because you need to know the language of the state where you will be posted and most certainly, you will get home posting or posting in any neighboring state. This makes this job an attractive one and many candidates go for this. So, study hard and give your best and make your dreams true.
All the best!!