School of Management, Manipal University, was started in 1999. The institute`s MBA program is AICTE approved and offers specialization in the fields of Marketing, HR, Finance, Healthcare Management and Operations Management. The institute invited applications from eligible students for admission to two year full time MBA course for the academic session 2013-2015.
Name of the Programme
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Last Date to receive completed application form at Manipal University, Karnataka: 31 May 2013
• Dates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview: 28-29 June 2013 (tentative)
• Declaration of final list of candidates: 2 July 2013
• Session commences (tentative): 8 July 2013
• Admission seekers must have passed their Graduation, in any discipline, with minimum 50 % marks.
• Aspirants appearing for their final year degree examination are also eligible to apply.
• Candidates (Indian nationals) should have valid score card of CAT / MAT / CMAT/ XAT (2012-13 only)
• Indian citizens, Foreigners, NRIs and Indian citizens supported by NRI relatives are eligible to apply. While Indian citizens have to apply as General category candidates belonging to remaining categories should apply as Foreign / NRI candidates.
For General Category students: Candidates seeking admission to the MBA program should have cleared any of the All India Management Tests like MAT, GMAT, CAT, XAT, CMAT (AICTE) etc. On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the Management Test, University will shortlist candidates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Final selection will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the Group Discussion and Interview and the marks obtained in Management Test.
For Foreign/ NRI category students: Candidates applying as Foreign/ NRI will have to appear for a qualifying examination and final selection will be done on the basis of their performance in the examination.
A merit list will be prepared, on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination. Selected candidates will be informed separately about their selection for admission.
NOTE: Candidates can apply either under General category or Foreign / NRI category or under both the categories. However, those applying under both the categories will be considered only under the General category. NO change of category will be allowed at a later stage.
How to Apply: Procedure for admission to PG courses with Manipal University is common for both Indian students and International students.
Application Fee: Candidates are required to pay Rs.600 as admission fee.
• Candidates depositing fee through Credit Card / Debit Card or Net Banking have to apply online. Click here to apply online.
• Candidates using DD to deposit fee should download application form, fill it, attach Fee DD and copies of requisite documents, and send it to ‘Director, Admissions Manipal University Manipal – 576104’ so as to reach the said office by 31 May 2013.
Click here to download application form
• Candidates can also obtain the application form by depositing the admission fees in select branches of State Bank of India. Click here to check the list of the SBI branches where admission forms are available.
• Candidates can also obtain the application material from Manipal University Admissions Office, by sending a request for the same to the ‘Director, Admissions Manipal University Manipal – 576104’ along with a Demand Draft for Rs .600 drawn in favour of ‘Manipal University’ and payable at ‘Manipal’ or ‘Udupi’.
After obtaining the form, candidates should fill it and send it to back so as to reach the University by the prescribed last date.
Aspirants should also Read