SGT University’s Faculty of Dental Sciences is renowned for excellent dental care. It boasts of several departments and specialisations.
SGT Dental College, Hospital & Research Institute, established in 2002, became the Faculty of Dental Sciences from the academic session 2013- 14. This faculty offers undergraduate (B.D.S.), post graduate, (M.D.S in nine specialities) and Ph.D. programmes in all branches of dental sciences.
Here’s a brief synopsis of various departments operating under SGT Dental College, Hospital& Research Institute –
- Prosthodontics: It is a dental speciality which deals with diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation, and maintenance of oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients suffering from clinical conditions who are associated with missing or deficient teeth. It includes speciality of implant, aesthetic and reconstructive dentistry.
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics: This stream of dentistry treats the face as whole. The department has state of the art equipment to treat, the cases of malocclusions. The department boasts of cephalometric software (Nemoceph) for a thorough diagnosis of a orthodontic patient.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology: The department of oral medicine and radiology is concerned with diagnosis and optimum health care of patients along with non-surgical management.
- Periodontology: The department of periodontology offers a myriad of diagnosis and treatment for varieties of gum diseases.
- Conservative Dentistry &Endodontic: This is concerned with conservative dentistry which is at par with international standards.
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry: This department is fully equipped for the training of BDS (undergraduates) & MDS (postgraduate) students with segregated UG and PG clinics.
- Public Health Dentistry: This department deals with more of general dentistry at outreach levels and research on oral health care.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: Under this department oral and maxillofacial surgery are performed i.e. treatment from basic oral surgical procedures to advanced complex surgical procedure.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology: This department deals with diagnostic procedures like cytology, histopathology and blood investigations and provides comprehensive study of pathophysiology and behaviour of disease.
All the aforesaid departments under ‘Faculty of Dental Sciences’ have state of the art infrastructure and cutting edge technology.
SGT University’s Faculty of Dental Sciences facilitates quality dental and health care and its name is synonymous to quality and excellence in the field of dentistry.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this Notification is solely by SGT University. Jagranjosh.com bears no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information. Individuals are therefore suggested to check the authenticity of the information.