Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Southern Region, Chennai invited applications from eligible candidates, who fulfilling the requisite criteria for filling up the following below mentioned Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ post sin various Offices.The candidates eligible for the post may applyon or before 24 November 2014 by 05.00 PM.
Last Date for Submission of Application: 24 November 2014by 05.00 PM.
Details of Posts
Name of Post / No. of Posts
- Junior Technical Assistant: 05 (Five).
- Quarantine Inspector: 01 (One)
- Research Assistant: 01 (One)
- Assistant Programmer: 09 (Nine)
- Assistant Epigraphist: 02 (Two)
- Artist Grade – II: 01 (One)
- Sales Assistant: 03 (Three)
Qualification must be from recognized University or Institution with a relevant experience in the concerned field.
- For Post 1, 2, 4: Possess Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent.
- For Post 3, 5: Possess Master’s Degree in relevant field/ specialty or equivalent.
- For Post 6: Possess Matriculation (10th Standard) Pass or equivalent and Diploma of recognized Art School or College.
- For Post 7: Possess Twelfth (12th Standard) Pass or Intermediate or equivalent.
Age Limit & Relaxation
Age Limit for the candidate should be as on last date of receipt of application mentioned below and Age relaxation for the category candidates should be as per rules.
- For Post 1, 2, 3, 4&5 : Not exceeding 30 years.
- For Post 6: Between 18 to 25 years.
- For Post 7: Between 18 to 30 years.
- Application Fee (Non- refundable) is of Rs. 50/- (Fifty only) in the form of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only.
- Fee not applicable on Post 1 (i.e. Junior Technical Assistant).
- SC/ ST/ PH/ Female/ Ex- Serv. Candidates are exempted from fee payment.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in the Educational Qualification/ Screening Test followed with the Written Proficiency Test and finally the Personal Interview, which might be conducted by the Commission’s administration.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with the duly self- attested photo copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of date of birth, qualifications, experience, category (SC/ ST/ PWD), etc. with a recent passport size photograph must be affix on the application form (if reqd.) may be forwarded to the Southern Regional Office of the Commission “The Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building, DPI Campus, College Road, Chennai – 600 006” on or before 24 November 2014.
- For details of Post and other terms and conditions the candidate can go through the link below.