Staff Selection Commission – Northern Western Region invited applications for Recruitment of 47 various posts. The candidates eligible for the posts may send their applications in the prescribed format along with the copies of required documents on or before 15 November 2014. SSC is an Indian government organisation to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training. Its aim is to conduct examinations and/or interviews to make recruitment to Group “B” and Group “C” posts for the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms: 15 November 2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms for far flung Areas: 22 November 2014
Name of the Posts
- Sr. Library & Information Assistant: 1
- Sr. Technical Assistant (Hydrometeorology): 1
- Sr. Technical Assistant (Geophysics): 3
- Sr. Technical Assistant (Chemical): 2
- Investigator Gr.- II: 40
Total No. of Post: 47
- Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4200/- for post no. 1 & 5.
- Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4600/- for post no. 2, 3 & 4.
- Sr. Library & Information Assistant: Graduate Degree or Diploma in Library Science.
- Sr. Technical Assistant (Hydrometeorology): Master Degree in Meteorology or Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Maths or Statistics.
- Sr. Technical Assistant (Geophysics): Master Degree in Geophysics or Applied Geophysics.
- Sr. Technical Assistant (Chemical): Master Degree in Chemistry or Agriculture Chemistry or Soil Science.
- Investigator Gr- II: Graduation in Mathematics or Commerce or Economics or Statistics and diploma or certificate course in software/computer operation.
- Candidate’s age should be below 30 years as on 15 November 2014 for all posts.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
- Candidates have to pay the fee of Rs.50/- in the shape of CRFS pasted at the top of the application in the space provided which must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office.
- Women candidates/Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/PH candidates and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the fees.
Candidates will be selected based on the performance in screening test/proficiency test/interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as available on the website.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect along with one recent passport size photograph affixed and one additionally duly attested photograph to be enclosed, attested copies of all relevant certificates/mark sheets, caste certificates (if applicable) should be submitted to the Deputy Regional Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3, Kendriya Sadan, Sector- 9, Chandigarh- 160 017 on or before 15 November 2014.