Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (An autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India) invited applications for the THSTI-JNU PhD programs under two tracks:
(i) biomedical research,
(ii) clinical research,
From eligible candidates belong to academic background of medical, life sciences (including biomedical, health, pharmaceutical, nutritional science, public health, and nursing),veterinary science, engineering, or mathematics background.
- Last date for receipt of applications: 20 May 2014
- Date of Personal Interview: 16 June 2014 onwards
The broad domains of ongoing research are:
- biology of infectious diseases such as dengue, Japanese encephalitis, hepatitis E and tuberculosis, vaccine and anti-viral development
- physiology of nutrition and the developing immune system, immune responses in pregnancy and childhood
- clinical research and epidemiology focused on maternal and child health
- auto-immune diseases, infection and inflammation
- understanding disease through the human microbiome
- diagnostics and therapeutics
- medical devices and implants
- mathematical modelling to understand biological problems
Fellowship: Students recommended for admission to the PhD program and holding fellowship from any of the above agencies will be required to utilize their own fellowship. Candidates selected though the admission test will be awarded THSTI fellowship as per the Govt. of India rules.
No. of seats: A total of 30 candidates may be selected.
Reservations: 27% seats for OBC (non-creamy layer) (8 seats), 15% of seats for SC (4 seats), 7.5% of seats for ST (2 seats), and 3% of seats for differently-abled(PH) (1 seat) are reserved for candidates belonging to these categories.
Candidate must have Master’s degree in any branch of life science (including biomedical, health, pharmaceutical, nutritional science, public health, or nursing), veterinary science, engineering, mathematics, or a medical degree (MBBS, BDS, or equivalent) from a recognized university. Candidate must have scored 60% or higher marks in all examinations and 55% or higher marks in their qualifying examination.
Applicants having qualified a fellowship examination as above and those shortlisted based on their merit in the admission test conducted by THSTI will be interviewed 16th June 2014 onwards. The final selection will be made based on applicant’s performance in the interview.
How to Apply
Candidates fulfilling all the eligibility criteria may apply online by visiting: http://www.thsti.res.in/phd_programme.php
After submitting application online, kindly take a print out of the application, sign it and send it to the Dean (Academics) of the institute at the below mentioned address along with the application fee:
Translational Health Science, and Technology Institute,
496, Udyog Vihar Phase-III,