Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), which is the Development Financial Institute (DFI), set up under Act of Parliament. The bank is responsible for promoting, financing and developing the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector in India. The bank is also responsible for facilitating and strengthening credit flow to these MSMEs. SIDBI recruits candidates at different posts and on different levels for its branches across the nation every year. It conducts written examination and personal interview to recruit candidates for these posts.
SIDBI is all set to conduct the exam of Assistant Manager Grade ‘A’ – General Stream. The written examination consists of online objective and descriptive test. The objective test consists of five papers namely, Computer Knowledge, English language, General Awareness (with special reference to banking industry), Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. The objective written examination consists of 200 questions in total given time of 2 hours. . The objective written papers would be bilingual, except the English knowledge paper. The other component of the examination is descriptive test which carries 50 marks and contains two major questions: Essay writing and Business Letter Writing.
Tips and Strategy for Descriptive test
Descriptive test is a crucial aspect of this examination so the candidates should focus this section along with Objective test. Descriptive Test will only be evaluated for those candidates who qualify in the Objective type of tests (on total and individual sections of objective tests) and are placed adequately high as per total marks in the objective test. Descriptive test to the extent of fixed number of times the number of vacancies will be evaluated. By following steps the candidates can score well in the descriptive test and secure their place in the SIDBI recruitment.
- Understand the pattern of Descriptive test: It is advisable at the very behest for the candidates to go through the pattern of the descriptive test. The descriptive test consists of essay writing (35 marks) and business letter writing (15 marks). It is taken in order to test the English language skills and ability to use the language in proper business oriented manner. The descriptive test in conducted on computer and the candidates have to type on computer. The time given for the test is 45 minutes and thus the candidates should prepare themselves well to finish the test on time.
- Improve your typing skills: This might look to be least important for the test, but it is surprisingly the most important thing you should work upon immediately. Those candidates who have no knowledge of the computer typing should immediately undergo typing lessons, in order to be able to complete the test on time. The essay writing and letter writing would need a considerable amount of speed on the typing pad by the candidates, and thus they should be well prepared for the same.
- Improve your English language knowledge: The essay writing and business letter writing is basically a test of English comprehension. The comprehension section could be improved by constant practice of reading and writing. The essay could be from any possible topic and thus the candidates must have imaginative skills and knowledge about the vast genre of information.
- Keep abreast of latest development: The essay is generally asked on a topic of recent national or international importance and thus the candidates should remain aware of the latest ongoing in the world and the nation. There are thousands of events occurring in all the parts of the world and in the nation. Candidates should make a shortlist of the most important events and take points of those to prepare themselves for the write up.
- Develop habit of regular writing: The descriptive test also assess the sentence formation skills of the candidates through the essay and letter writing questions. The candidates must develop a habit of writing regularly. It is preferred to write on a computer, which would eventually benefit the candidates as this would help in developing the typing speed as well.