The Central Board Secondary education (CBSE) has announced the dates for the UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) December 2014. This test will be conducted on 28 December 2014. This time the test will be conducted by CBSE, as the UGC, in the month of July 2014, had appealed the Central Board of Secondary Education to carry out the test.
The National Eligibility Test (NET) has been conducted twice a year and through this test, assessment to determine the eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor is being carried out.
Scheme of Test
The Test will be in two separate sessions and will have three papers. All these papers will consist of only objective type questions. The first and second paper will be 1 hour and 15 minutes duration each and organized in the first session, i.e. morning session. The third paper will be organized in second session and 2 hours and 30 minutes of duration.
While the second and third paper will comprise the questions from the subject opted by the candidates, the first paper will be general in nature and carries the objective of assessing the teaching and research aptitude of the examinee.
In the first paper, which will comprise the question from General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude, there will be 60 questions in the first paper and a candidate need to attempt only 50 questions. In the first paper, which carries 100 marks, a candidates can perform very well by adopting the tips given below -
• There will be some questions related to current affairs, for which candidates should keep regular eye on the exam oriented developments especially those are related to higher education.
• There could be questions related to recent popular terms and abbreviations. Candidates while preparation current affairs should make notes on daily basis.
• Basic terms that are being widely used across Internet, computer related basic terms, etc. should be given enough priority while preparation.
• Candidates should maximize their knowledge of basics of internet and e-mailing.
• There will be some questions related to reasoning and basic mathematics of tenth standards. These two sections can be prepared from any popular reasoning book.
• Some of the questions will be from the teaching aptitude which can be easily prepared from the popular study materials and developed the understanding the teaching in larger perspective.
• Similarly, for research aptitude, candidates should try to learn the research methodologies proposed by different experts.
• Candidates should take special care of the basic facts related to proposal and thesis preparation.
• The candidates should try to solve the previous year question papers and model papers, as much as possible.
• Time management is very crucial. Candidates while attempting the model paper should try to complete it within the stipulated time frame.
UGC NET December 2014: Notification
CBSE UGC NET November Exam 2017 Result Declared
IIT Kanpur Sarkari Naukri for Project Associate and Senior Project Mechanic Posts
CBSE UGC NET Admit Card for Nov 2017 to be Released Soon, Examination is scheduled for 5 Nov 2017
CBSE UGC NET Exam 2017, Results Declared Check Scores at cbseresults.nic.in