UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Exam 2016 Notification:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016 notification for recruitment of Indian nationals in Indian Civil Services under various departments for 1079 Posts. UPSC invited applications from the candidates who are eligible and willing to join the civil services.
The applications are invited till 27 May 2016. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016 through the prescribed format on or before the last date of application.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016:
To apply for IAS Exam 2016, the candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination.
Number of Exam Attempts for UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016:
Candidates who will be appearing for the UPSC IAS Exam would be allowed to go through six attempts failing which they would be considered disqualified. The appearing attempts are not valid in case the candidate belongs to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates who are otherwise eligible.
Selection Procedure for UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016:
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of UPSC Civil Services IAS Preliminary Exam, UPSC Civil Services IAS Main Exam and Interview which would be conducted by the commission.
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Service IAS Exam 2016:
The eligible and interested candidates can apply online for Civil Services Exam through the prescribed format along with other necessary documents on or before 20 May 2016.
Exam Pattern for UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016:
Civil Services Exam will be conducted in two stages i.e., Preliminary Exam and Main Exam which would be followed by interview. Candidates who would qualify the Preliminary Examination would be allowed to appear for Main Examination.
Syllabus for UPSC Civil Services IAS Preliminary Exam 2016
The UPSC Civil Services IAS Preliminary Exam will be of objective type of 200 marks. The examination paper would be in both Hindi and English Language. The paper would include questions from General Studies of 200 marks. There would also be Aptitude Test of 200 marks.
Syllabus for UPSC Civil Services IAS Main Exam 2016
The UPSC Civil Service IAS Main Exam will consist of Paper A and Paper B of Indian Language and English. Papers to be counted for merit are:
- Paper-I: Essay
- Paper-II: General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
- Paper-III: General Studies – II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Paper-IV: General Studies – III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper-V: General Studies – IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
- Paper-VI: Optional Subject - Paper 1
- Paper-VII: Optional Subject -Paper 2
Date of Publication of Advertisement: 27 April 2016
Last Date of Application: 27 May 2016
Date of IAS Prelims Exam 2016: 07 August 2016
UPSC Civil Service (IAS) Exam 2016 Details:
Number of Vacancies: 1079 Posts
Indian Civil Services Details:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A"
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'