Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) announced a computer based recruitment test for recruitment to 31 Posts of Assistant Chemist in Geological Survey of India (GSI), Ministry of Mines.
[Advt. No. 11/2013, Item No. 19, Vacancy No. 13081119210]. It will be held on 29 June 2014 (Sunday) from 10.00 A.M to 12.00 Noon at the eight centres all over India. Candidates’ have to report at the centre at 8.30 A.M. Candidates who qualify the test and fulfill the required eligibility norms will be called for interview. Candidates can download their e-Admit Card from UPSC website (http://www.upsc.gov.in) and (http://www /upsconline.nic.in) and take a printout thereof.
Scheme of the Test
• The test will be of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
• The test will carry maximum 100 marks.
• The test will be objective type questions with multiple choice answers in English medium only.
• There will be penalty for wrong answer.
Syllabus of the Test:
• Chemistry of s,p,d and f-block elements
• Acid-Base reactions
• Chemical bonding
• Structure & Properties of Solids
• Carbon & Carbon compounds
• Chemical Process Industries
• Petroleum Refining Engineering
• Heat & Mass Transfer
• Precipitation and Redox Reactions
• Chemical Reaction Engineering
• Fuels & Combustion
• Kinetic Theory of Gases
• X-ray methods of Analysis
• Principles and applications of Spectroscopy
• Quantitative Inorganic Analysis
• Analysis of Rocks, Minerals, Ores, Petroleum & Coal