UPSC NDA I Exam 2017: Expected Questions
For the benefit of students who are appearing in the NDA (I) 2017 Exam, Jagran Josh is presenting you the list of the most expected areas.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conduct the National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy (NA) (I) Exam on 23 April 2017. For the benefit of students who are appearing in the exam, Jagran Josh is presenting you the list of the most important areas.
Image Source: NDA.
The Paper II will have two major sections – English and General Knowledge. There will be 150 questions in total that will fetch you maximum 600. While the English section will have 50 questions, the Genearl Knowledge section will have 100 questions.
The important topics for the upcoming exam are -
Part A - English
• Sentence Improvement
• Ordering of Sentences
• Selecting words
• Spotting Errors
Part B—GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
Section A (Physics)
• Static and Current Electricity
• Modes of transference of Heat
• Rectilinear propagation of Light
• Sound waves and their properties
• Natural and Artificial Magnets
• Spherical mirrors and Lenses
Section B (Chemistry)
• Physical and Chemical changes
• Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial
• Materials used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, etc
• Properties of Air and Water
Section C (General Science)
• Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
• Food—Source of Energy for man
• Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
• Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs
• Constituents of food, Balanced Diet including vitams
Section D (History, Freedom Movement etc.)
• Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
• Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
• Freedom Movement in India
• Indian Constitution that includes Basic Structure, Fundamental Rights, Important Amendments, etc.
Section E (Geography)
• Movements of Earth and their effects
• Weathering—Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
• Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones and Anti-cyclones
• Regional Geography of India—Climate, Natural vegetation
• Mineral and Power resources
• Location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities
• India’s Imports and Exports
• Important National Parks
Section F (Current Events)
• Important Personalties in News
• Awards and Honours
• Sports News
• Books in News
• Important International Days
• India’s recent achievements in Science and Technology
For important Current Affairs related topics..click here.
Please note that highlighted topics in the above list are the most important areas. Hence, the candidates should prepare them well in advance. And, adequate care should be taken while answering a question as incorrect answers attract negative marks.
All the best from Team Jagran Josh!!!!