Uttarakhand Open University Announced PhD Admission across 15 Subjects
Uttarakhand Open University announced entrance test for admission to PhD programmes in 15 disciplines for the batch 2013. Read to find significant information
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) set up in 2005 by an Act of Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly with an objective to disseminate knowledge and skills through distance learning. It invited applications for admission to PhD programme in 15 disciplines through an entrance test.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Disciplines: History, Political Science, Sociology, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Commerce, Management, Education, Journalism & Mass Communication, Tourism, Computer Science, Agriculture, Forestry and Yoga.
- Deadline to receive filled-in application form: 15 February 2013
- Date of Entrance Test: 17 March 2013
- Admission seekers must possess Master’s degree or equivalent degree in relevant subject with minimum 55% marks ( 50% for SC/ST categories of Uttarakhand) from the recognised University
- In addition to this, applicants should have secured 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST categories of Uttarakhand) in Bachelor’s Degree from the universities/institutions recognized by UGC/AICTE/NCTE
The selection of the applicants will be based on their performance in the UCRET entrance examination followed by an interview.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 2500 and can be paid in the form of bank challan through SBI bank by giving Rs 50 extra towards bank charges.
How to Apply
- Aspirants can download the application form from the website of the University http://uou.ac.in.
- Candidates will have to fill in the form and pay the fee through bank challan
- Completely filled application form along with University’s copy of bank challan and attested copies of certificates and testimonials should reach the below mentioned address on or before the last date:
To obtain further details, please visit http://uou.ac.in/announcement/2013/01/5794