Vijaya Bank invited applications for recruitment to the post of Peon. Eligible candidates for the post can apply through prescribed format on or before 17 July 2014.
Vijaya Bank was established on 23 October 1931. The objective was to promote banking habits, thrift and entrepreneurship among the farming community of Dakshina Kannada district in Karnataka State. The bank became a scheduled bank in 1958. Vijaya Bank steadily grew into a large All India bank, with nine smaller banks merging with it during 1963-68. The bank was nationalised on 15 April 1980.
- Last date for receipt of application forms: 17 July 2014
- Last date for receipt of application forms for candidates staying abroad and for those posting application for Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Minicoy islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh: 21 July 2014
Detail of Vacancies: -
- Name of Post: Peon
- Total Number of Post: 11 posts
Pay Scale: Rs.5850-200/4-6650-250/5-7900-300/4-9100-350/3-10150 -400/3-11350
- Candidates should be minimum 8th passed and maximum 12th passed or equivalent.
- Candidates should be able to read, write and speak the Regional Language.
- Candidates should not less than 18 years and not more than 26 years as on 30 September 2014.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
General/OBC Category candidates have to pay Rs.150/- per application (including postage charge of Rs.50/-) and SC/ST & Physically challenged candidates have to pay Rs.50/- towards postage only as application fees through Demand Draft favouring “Vijaya Bank - Recruitment of Peons – 2013-14", payable at HYDERABAD.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible and interested candidates may apply in the prescribed application format.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with recent passport size photograph, Demand Draft, attested copies of certificates/testimonials, medical certificate and Copies of experience certificate, if any, should be sent only by ordinary post to the Dy. /Asst. General Manager, Regional Office, Vijaya Bank, P B No 218, 306-308, 3rd Floor Babukhan Estate Basheerbagh, Hyderabad PIN – 500001 before 17 July 2014.
- The envelope containing the application form must be superscripted ‘Application for the post of Peon’.