A top ranked B-School is the prime focus of all those who aspire for an emerging career in the field of Business Administration. In India, primarily such aspirants target topmost B-Schools like IIM’s, XLRI, IIFT, SPJIMR, FMS, NMIMS, MDI etc for which they need to face the entrance test followed by GD & PI rounds. The competition is tough with exams namely CAT, MAT, C-MAT, XAT etc. All this is just to ensure the intake of perfect candidates in all spheres in the Management programs.
Precisely speaking, there are following basic elements that they look for in a candidate:
• Intellectual Ability: The candidate must be having an excellent intellectual ability which he/she may utilize to resolve problems lying upfront
• Analytical Mindset: He/She must be analytical in order to analyze situations that are otherwise strenuous.
• Decisive and Precise: He/She must act in a decisive order and must be apt and precise in approaches.
• Smart Presentations: The candidate must be smart while presenting himself/herself.
• Logical: They must be logical in their approach and not random. Logic suffices acceptance.
• Success Records: They should be having a trace of success records in the past academic life that clarifies them to be a fair choice.
• Maturity: They must show maturity and act professionally in all possible dimensions of life.
• Self-Motivated: They must be self driven and motivated to proceed on their own determination.
• Leadership: One essential quality is being a great Leader, who can lead from the front.
• Extrovert: The candidate must be outspoken and open to conversations freely.
• Perseverance and Mentally stable: He/She must be a mentally sound person and willing to perform under all circumstances.
• Creative and Innovative: Bringing in new, a fresh and imaginative idea is expected from a candidate. So, he/she must be innovative and creative.
• Communication Skills: This goes without saying that the candidate must be an excellent in communication skills.
• Personal Integrity: He/she must have an integrity that adds to likeability for him by others. Being polite, calm, humble and soft spoken is one major aspect that the B-Schools look in an MBA candidate.
B-Schools judge candidates via an extensive process of Group Discussion, Personal Interview and MBA Entrance exams. So, a candidate in some way or the other needs to be equipped in the above mentioned skill sets in order to be the choice of a B-School.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the MBA Group
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.