What is National Commission for Redressal of Consumer Grievances?
- The National Commission was constituted in 1988 by the Central Government.
- It is the apex body in the three-tier judicial machinery set up by the government for redressal of consumer grievances.
- The National Commission is headed by a sitting or retired judge of the Supreme Court.
- All complaints pertaining to those goods or services and compensation whose value is more than Rs. one crore can be filed directly before the National Commission.
- An appeal can be filed against the order of the National Commission to the Supreme Court within 30 days from the date of order passed.