Who belong to NC-OBC Category and SC/ST category?
CAT 2013 is to be conducted by IIM Indore from 16 October to 11 November 2013. Get your questions answered here.
Candidates belonging to those Caste / Community which appears in the Central list of Other Backward Classes which is recognized as Backward class under:
- Government of India, Ministry of Welfare ‘Resolution No. 12011/68/93-BCC (C) dated 10th September 1993 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary Part-I Section-I dated the 13th September 1993.
- Government of India, Ministry of Welfare ‘Resolution No. 12011/9/94-BCC dated 19th October 1994 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary Part-I Section-I, No. 163 dated 20th October 1994.
For updated list of state-wise OBC categories eligible for availing benefits of reservation and information in respect of creamy layer, visit www.ncbc.nic.in
Candidates claiming to belong to SC / ST category must ensure that the caste / tribe they belong to are listed in the Government of India schedule. They should also send caste certificate to the IIM in the format approved by the Government. The certificate should clearly indicate
- Name of the candidates’ caste / tribe;
- Whether the candidate belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe;
- District and the State / Union Territory of ordinary residence;
- The Appropriate Government of India Schedule under which the candidates’ caste / tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe;