Asia’s first and longest cycle highway was on 26 November 2016 inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh by UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It is also India’s first cycle highway.
This 207 kms cycle highway connects the Taj City Agra and the Lion Safari at Etawah.
Highlights of the cycle highway
• This 7-feet-wide cycle highway was constructed by the UP public works department.
• It runs parallel to the main highway, but is separated by a divider which ensures the safety of cyclists.
• The track begins from the lion safari in Etawah and passes through 92 villages across the two districts.
• It also crosses the natural beauty of the Chambal and Yamuna rivers on its way.
• It has tourist destinations like Naugava ka Quila, Raja Bhoj ki Haveli and Bateshwarnath Temple.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.