5 January 2018: The one liner of 5 January covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like suspension of US security aid, Technology Mission for Indian Railways and launch of first digital Oncology Tutorial among others.
• The United States has suspended security aid to this nation - Pakistan
• This state government is going to form an education board for non-English medium schools - Maharashtra
• This senior NCP leader passed away on 4 January following prolonged illness - Vasant Davkhare
• This former cricketing legend has been appointed as the coach of the Delhi Daredevils franchise for the upcoming IPL 2018 - Ricky Ponting
• Following the Assam NRC implementation, this state has taken up preventive measures to prevent a possible spillover of illegal migrants to the state - Arunachal Pradesh
• The Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Human Resource Development and the Department of Science & Technology signed a MoU for - Joint funding of Technology Mission for Indian Railways.
• The Health Ministry and Tata Memorial Centre have launched the first digital - Online Oncology Tutorial
• The Defence Ministry has cleared arms procurement contracts worth this much amount for Navy, Army - Rs 2,420 crore
• The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved five projects worth - Rs 295.01 crore
• The Supreme Court of this nation ruled that child's rights are sacred, cannot be bartered by orphanage in-charges – India
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.