Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, election of House speaker of Nepal and agreement between Pakistan and Russia among others. These quizzes will be very helpful for SSC, Banking and IAS/PCS aspirants.
1. Name the online fashion store that was launched by the Aditya Birla Group on 16 October 2015?
2. Indonesia on 16 October 2015 signed a 5.5 billion US dollars deal to build the first high-speed railways with which country?
c) United States
3. The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is celebrated annually on which date?
a) 16 October
b) 17 October
c) 18 October
d) 19 October
4. The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty was observed globally on 17 October 2015. What was the theme of the day?
a) Building a sustainable future: Coming together to end poverty and discrimination
b) Leave no one behind: think, decide and act together against extreme poverty
c) Ending the Violence of Extreme Poverty: Promoting Empowerment and Building Peace
d) From Poverty to Sustainability: People at the Centre of Inclusive Development
5. Who was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd on 16 October 2015?
a) SP Gupt
b) GS Ganesh
c) S Jeyakrishnan
d) MK Surana
6. Who was elected as the first female House speaker of Nepal on 16 October 2015?
a) Anuradha Thapa
b) Bidya Devi Bhandari
c) Onsari Gharti Magar
d) Ganga Prasad Yadav
7. Name the Former Maharashtra Minister and senior Congress leader who was the Member of Parliament twice from Sangli Lok Sabha and died on 16 October 2015?
a) Madan Vishwanath Patil
b) Vasantdada Patil
c) Krishna Desai
d) Nana Patil
8. Pakistan on 16 October 2015 signed an agreement to build a 1100-km gas pipeline with which country?
9. Name the Former Chief of the Naval Staff who died on 14 October 2015 and was known for commanding INS Trishul and the Aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant?
a) Admiral Sardarilal Mathradas Nanda
b) Admiral RH Tahiliani
c) Admiral Adhar Kumar Chatterji
d) Admiral Rustom K Ghandhi
10. Name the NRI journalist who was on 16 October 2015 honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award by the Asian Cricket Awards in London?
a) Mihir Bose
b) Rajiv Saxena
c) Sushil Arya
d) Kapil Khurana
11. Who was appointed as the Director of Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad on 16 October 2015?
a) G R Chandak
b) ST Ghosh
c) Amitabh Thakur
d) Javed Mussarat
12. Dropbox, the popular cloud storage company, on 16 October 2015 launched which document collaboration tool?
b) Format Copy
13. What was the theme of Global Handwashing Day that was celebrated on 15 October 2015?
a) Raise a hand for hygiene
b) Clean hands save lives
c) Save Your Life: Clean Hands
d) Choose Handwashing Choose health
14. The World Food Week was Celebrated during period in October 2015?
a) 9 October- 14 October
b) 10 October- 15 October
c) 11 October- 17 October
d) 12 October- 16 October
15. Which country on 15 October 2015 proposed to invest 30 billion US dollars for urban development and housing projects in India?
1-(c) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(a)
3-(b) 8-(d) 13-(a)
4-(a) 9-(b) 14-(d)
5-(d) 10-(a) 15-(b)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.